Friday, June 27, 2014

Sneak Peek into Youth Education & Development Work Summer 2014

I’ve been constantly thinking about this blog and about taking the time to sit down and actually record what work I’ve been doing and going through.  It’s been so many internal transformative revolutions and experiences since I last posted- and I’m eager to keep everyone updated with the developments!

So first of all…..our summer program Mission thrive began this week!  My initial intention was to write a daily diary of the happenings- but with a full time job and a 3 month old infant (not happening!) lol.

 Mission Thrive is a program that merges nutrition, farming, and health education with mind-body medicine and leadership development for youth in Baltimore City. The program concept is absolutely amazing! I’m excited because I have the freedom to explore food justice concepts and privilege and diversity (which I’ll be getting into next week)politics.

We have set core value community standards that everyone has agreed to abide by which promote character and leader development. They focus on teamwork, respecting yourself and others, and trying new things. They’ve inspired me was inspired to create my own core values for myself (Ill share those in another entry ;)).


I have so much more to say but I’ll stop here and fill you in more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment